Funkadelic

Thursday, July 8, 2010

If I had a thought bubble over my head...

If we all had visible thought bubbles over our heads this is what you would see on mine.  I chose one with a heart to coax myself back into the love part of what I am doing.  I think it's working?  In 5 months I set out for my second Half Marathon and I chose the lovely city of  San Diego, Ca. again.  Can't beat a run in a great city like San Diego.  Besides this time it is truely on the beach! .
On June 6th I ran my first ever Half Marathon in memory of my Father and with a little inspiration of a couple friends currently fighting Cancer or living in remission. I am sure the fear of return lingers in a thought bubble above his head .  My motivation was easy to set out every day and trek along for what I wanted to be a great run.  I barely ran a mile when I registered for the Rock-n-Roll Half Marathon.  Soon enough I was at 4 miles then for the last 6 weeks or so made it to 9 miles, then made it through 13.1 for the first time on race day (barely).  Sure with thoughts of these three men on my mind the entire time and one great friend (who actually runs) pushing me along the whole way how could I not make it through the finish line?  It was for sure a roller coaster of emotions and the memories will forever be with me. 
My challenge now is this time the run is for me. Is that selfish? Can I finish again?  I am doing this one alone and that allows for some mental alone time. Seems like a great thing. Cheaper than therapy, yet I get in my head and stop. I miss running. Really I do, but right now I just can't get out to train consistantly. I have enjoyed all the yummy goodness I wouldnt allow my self to eat until I was done for almost a whole month now! Well my flatt..er tummy is disapearing and I can't seem to find my groove. Four runs in one month won't get me far, but the grocery run this week will...Back on Track is the new focus and I hope my feet follow along.  If  I can do this for 3 men, then I have to do this for 1 woman...ME!! right? So as I stumble at the start of this new journey remind me that I will finsh in strides and hopefully taught myself a few things in that "alone" time along the way. 
13.1 logo from http://www.cafepress.com/

2 comments:

  1. You can do this!! Love the logo, by the way!

    Last year, I raised money for the local Ronald McDonald House as I trained for my first marathon. This year, I'm training for a half, and I'm having to dig deep for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your blogs Lisa! Not only are they inspiring, but they help me feel connected to you and your wonderful life when we can't get together.

    Hugs, Jolynn

    ReplyDelete