Funkadelic

Monday, December 27, 2010

A Flash of Inspiration and Panic

December 27th!
Its a Monday after the Holidays and don't we all feel this "flash of inspirtation" to get back into the reality which is our daily lives outside the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas? Or is it Panic? Today I found myself looking at the Calendar to only find  27 days to my next Half Marathon in Carlsbad.  I have seen it looming in front of me for weeks yet that four weeks previously mentioned seem to consume my time and before I know it we are approaching the New Year.  Well I think this mom had too many parties and not enough running that sent me into a tailspin of how do I continue on, recover from the lost time, and still complete my third Half Marathon in less than a year.  Panic!!! I did! I am!
Okay so I am working on seeing it from the other side.  Look at what I just typed... Three Half Marathons in less than a year...Who is this person I have become? I missed it when I wasn't running but I also fell into a rut of just not getting out there. So much fun with Friends and Family this Holiday Season that made the warm bed or the roaring fire of my (gas) Fireplace just too cozy to put on my shoes.  Well Santa bought me new shoes! I think I have gathered enough warm gear and successfully held any colds off for the time being so I hit the streets this week!
Only 2 miles the first day. Lets not get crazy because I think I have learned if I take a few days (or weeks) off and set out for 4 or more miles I loose the battle everytime. Well that 2 miles was no fun. Hard work. No where near what I would call a successful run for myself BUT I did it.  I finally went and after all the work I have done in the last year I also know you have to get the first "bad run" over before you can have a "good run". Guess I can check that one of the list. 
Today I did a little over 3 miles.  Still needing to encourage myself along the way, but a much better run than the few days prior.  Maybe a "bad run"  and an "okay run" will lead a good run! Baby steps my friends!
I'd like to say the "flash of inspiration" is turning into a vision. Visions of determination.  We all work hard for so many things all year. Mine happens to be running.  Running for Strength, Accomplishment, Weight Loss (Of Course!), A little alone time, and some Confidence. I hope I learn to enjoy the time off, maybe not take soooo much time off,  look back at the fun and get back on the road. 
To all my fellow running moms and friends I hope the New Year brings more miles to your feet, more accomplishments to your on-going lists, and of course more space to keep us sane in the brain!

Image from Brooksrunning.com! My Favorite Shoe right now! I just love them!

No comments:

Post a Comment